Lets admit it. Green mangoes are really mouthwatering even if we know that they are extremely sour (except for indian and apple mangoes). The feeling of saliva flowing inside are mouth is very common when we see a green mango or someone eating it.
We are very eager to eat one but we are going to stop when the sourness kicks in.There are several tips to eat more of it:
1) Refrain from eating very sour varieties. The Philippine super mango, the carabao mango, is extremely sour when still green. Go for the less sour varieties like indian and apple mango. Indian mango is my favorite. It is very affordable during peak season.
2) Pretend that you never feel the sourness. Imagine how other people can eat the bitter ampalaya and the bitter alcoholic beverages. You can do it. Just believe in yourself.
3) Dip every mango slice on salt before eating. Salt will counteract the effect of sourness. Take precaution because too much salt is not good for your kidney.
4) Same as above but use sugar instead of salt. Too much sugar is not good especially for diabetics.
5) Soak mango slices in soy sauce. Combination of soy sauce and mango is awesome. Addition of chili powder is even better.
7) Sensitive teeth might prevent you from eating green mangoes. A toothpaste product like Sensodyne and similar should be used regularly.
If none of the above solutions didn’t work, think of other means. There is always a way.