An aphrodisiac is a substance that increases sexual desire. The name comes from Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of sexuality and love.
If you are looking for natural aphrodisiac foods, you probably go to Google and type “natural food aphrodisiacs”. Nowadays, people are getting aware of natural methods and you wanna do it the natural way. Search results might contain the following. Avocado, chilli, celery, chocolate, fennel, figs, garlic, honey, nutmeg, mango and a lot more.
Basically, all foods which contain the following vitamins and minerals are aphrodisiacs.
1. Vitamin E. Helps to regulate sex hormones and boosts sex drive. It increases attraction, desire, and mood.
2. Vitamin B1. Essential to energy production and metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins and fats, so its deficiency can lead to decreased energy and reduced sex drive.
3. Vitamin A. Deficiency in vitamin A is thought to result in a decreased production of sex hormones.
4. Vitamin B3. Its presence increases blood flow to the extremities, including the brain. Problems with the nerve and digestive systems caused by vitamin deficiency can negatively affect your sex life.
5. Vitamin C. Influences a good sex life with its role in absorption of iron, formation of blood cells and metabolism of adrenal gland. All processes affect your sex life.
6. Phosphorus. New research suggests that phosphorus can increase sex drive and responsiveness.
7. Zinc. Deficiency of zinc is associated with numerous sexual problems, including sperm abnormalities and prostate disease. It is necessary for the production of testosterone, and helps maintain vaginal lubrication.
Some food commodities contain more nutrients than others. Mango has more Vitamin E, yellow vegetables have more Vitamin A. The differences can make some more effective than others. But in general all natural food commodities are aphrodisiacs.
A healthy balance diet and exercise will do the trick. Good Luck!