Archive for the ‘safety’ Category

Tikong Fish

Yet another news of fish poisoning. From GMA 7 Unang Balita. Two siblings died in Camarines Sur after eating lunch including tikong fish menu. The said fish culprit was made into adobo. The other two kids survived and recuperated in hospital. The fish ban has long been imposed by authorities. However, fishermen are still catching it. […]

Read on... »

Poor Pest Control Management

For a food operator, a complaining costumer about cockroach found on his meal is a problem. But, if the particular customer is connected with media, we are talking of a disaster. Aside of family health concern, it is a big scoop. It will sure grab netizen attention. His instinct will tell him with no second […]

Read on... »

Snorting Chocolate : Is It safe?

Few years ago, I read an article about a man promoting the “snorting of chocolate”. Snorting not chocolate block, but powder instead. Cocoa liquor that has been extracted of butter and ground finely. It is said to give a different kind of “high”. If the statement is true, then maybe, it is a good alternative […]

Read on... »

Bad Smell From Yakult Bottle

empty yakult bottle

While drinking Yakult, I smelled a disagreeable plastic odor. It was very faint that I never recognized immediately where it was coming from. I placed my nose near the plastic bottle several times to verify. Yeah, confirmed. It was little but I was sure it is from the bottle. Oh! This odor is familiar. About fifteen […]

Read on... »

Do Not Eat The Toxic Biya Fish

Facebook post. BFAR reminds public ban on eating “biya”. I asked myself why. Maybe it is one of endangered species. Following the link on Inquirer.net revealed the missing texts in title, “after 3 kids died”. So eating is prohibited cause it is a potent poison. Oftentimes, facebook posts have weird way of giving title to […]

Read on... »