Banaba tea was featured in television program Salamat Doc. It can be taken as slimming tea. Boil one tablespoon of chopped leaves in one glass of water for few minutes, cool a bit and drink.
Alternatively, the leaves can be crushed and prepared by using a tea maker. Or, place crushed leaves in mug, fill with hot water and let stand for few minutes.
Banaba tea should be drink two to three times a day.
Other Benefits of Banaba includes:
1) According to studies, banaba with doses equivalent to 1 or 2 grams of dried leaves per kilogram body weight reduces blood sugar from 16 to 49 mg. Of glucose per 100 cc. of blood in normal rabbits. Fresh leaves are recommended for every tea preparation because its insulin-like activity deteriorates over time.
2) The bark stimulant and febrifuge. Its decoction of it is used for abdominal pains, diarrhea.
3) A decoction of the roots is used against small ulcers of the mouth.
4) A decoction of the leaves is deobstruent (having power to clear or open the natural ducts of the fluids and secretions of the body) and diuretic (any substance that tends to increase the flow of urine, which causes the body to get rid of excess water).
5) The bark, leaves, and flowers are given as a purgative. A purging medicine; stimulates evacuation of the bowels.
6) The seeds possess narcotic properties and are employed against aphthae, (aphthous ulcer – A blister on the mucous membranes of the lips, mouth or gastrointestinal tract).