Also known as kalamansi , calamansi, calamondin.
2) A rich source of Vitamin C. Cures cough and cold.
3) Calamansi juice is also used as a meat tenderizer and adds flavor to the dishes. Can be made to sauce and marinade.
4) It also helps strengthen the bones and stimulate growth especially among growing children.
5) Helps in smooth blood circulation facilitate normal digestion due to its alkalinizing effect.
6) Treatment for itchy scalp and enhancing hair growth.
7) It can also heal insect bites, remove freckles, clear up acne, cure pimples, and deodorize underarms.
8) Heavy stain remover.
Additional update as of July 2016.
Donya Alinejhad et. al. (2015) found that rind of calamansi plant contains tannins, which ca be extracted by maceration with water. Anti-inflamatory property is effective in increasing dose of 250, 500 and 1000 mg/kg.
Study of Mary Jane G. Barluado et. al. (2013) proved that C. microcarpa peel extract exhibits both antiangiogenic and antioxidant properties. They recommend development of anti-cancer therapy envisaged, antiangiogenic and antioxidant bioassays of the extract using tumor-positive animal.
Hara Alyssa Dilig et. al. () found garlic and calamansi leaves extract to have antifungal activity.
Donya Alinejhad et. al. (2015) Determination of the Anti-inflammatory Property of Tannins from the Rind of Calamansi(Citrus microcarpa, Rutaceae). Published by Proquest.com
Mary Jane G. Barluado et. al. (2013) Antiangiogenic and Antioxidant Properties of Calamansi Citrus microcarpa Peel Ethanolic Extract. Published by UIC Research Journal.
Hara Alyssa Dilig et. al. () Antifungal Activity of Some Medicinal Plants Against Selected Species of Dermatophytes. Researchgate.net