How many glasses of water do you drink everyday? Doctors often advice us to drink at least 8-ounce glasses of water daily. How many of us follow this advice. I drink at least 8 glasses of water when I am home. In work place, I drink a glass of water when I am thirsty. In travel, I only wet my mouth when I am thirsty.
Why do I have this habit? A lot of water make me pee very often. It is just fine when I am home. I don’t mind going to comfort room very often. But having to pee very often during office hours is a nuisance and it is very uncomfortable during travel. Imagine having to pee in the middle of three hours commute travel. It feels like it is going to rain down to your pants.
A man can live for weeks and even months without food but can hardly survive for days without water. Obviously my habit is not right. Even the slightest dehydration can be detrimental. Water is consider the most important nutrient. Keep your body properly hydrated.
Water functions in our bodies as follows.
1. Brain is 75% water. Moderate dehydration can cause headaches and dizziness
2. Water is required for expiration
3. Regulates body temperature
4. Carries nutrients and oxygen to all cells in the body
5. Blood is 92% water
6. Moistens oxygen for breathing
7. Protects and cushions vital organs
8. Helps to convert food into energy
9. Helps body absorb nutrients
10. Removes waste
11. Bones are 22% water
12. Muscles are 75% water
13. Cushions joints