In my previous post, I did some research if fruit of acacia tree can be eaten. The answer is yes, it is edible. Though eating such is not enjoyable due to some stated reasons.
While doing my research, I found many useful information about acacia or rain tree. I listed all the beneficial things I found. I also tried to find some side effects to avoid bias, found nothing though.
Here are the uses and health benefits:
1) Fruits are can be used as ruminant feeds.
2) The root decoction is used in hot baths for stomach cancer. I wonder how external application can cure internal disorder.
3) It is a folk remedy for colds, diarrhea, headache, intestinal ailments and stomachache.
4) Prevention of tuberculosis. The leaf alcoholic extract can inhibit Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
5) Fruit decoction is used as central nervous system sedative. Good to take if you are problematic or stress.
6) Leaf infusion is used as laxative. She is suffering from hard bowel movement. I would recommend it to her.
7) Chew the seeds for soar throat. The seeds are hard. You gonna suffer from toothache before relieving the soar throat.
8) A fruit drink can be made from pulp. I wonder who are doing this kind of preparation. Pulp is difficult to separate from brittle skins.
9) Can be a good non-meat protein source. A fallen ripe pod has 12-18 percent protein content.
10) The bark is a rich source of gum resin. Slice it and the latex will exude in few minutes. I often stab acacia tree and watch the latex exudes (it was during my childhood years).
11) The boiled inner bark and fresh leaves are cure for diarrhea and stomachache.