For those who have the guts to eat lots of siling labuyo, like Bicolanos. Cheers! Its good for you cause its a good source of vitamins and minerals.
No matter how many times I try, I can’t even chew a single hot pepper.
Here are the list of nutrients that can be found in hot pepper. Nutrient value per 100g sili.
Water 86.0 g
Protein 1.9 g
Fat 1.9 g
Carbohydrates 9.2 g
Iron 1.2 mg
Calcium 14.4 mg
Vitamin A 700-21600 IU
Vitamin C 242.0 mg
Energy Value 257.0 kJ
Medicinal properties of hot pepper includes:
- Ingestion is believed to be wholesome for persons of phlegmatic temperament, being considered stimulating. Fresh chilli is an excellent promoter of ligaments.
- It is a powerful rubefacient, a medicine for external application that produces redness of the skin. It relieves pain by counterirritant effect.
- An effective gargle when mixed with vinegar.
- A warm fomentation of both leaves and fruit is applied for rheumatic pains.
- Leaves can be used as a dressing for wounds and sores.
- A strong infusion of the fruit is applied as a lotion for ringworm of the scalp.
- Cures stomach pain, gout, dyspepsia, and cholera.