We usually mince garlic before adding it to every dish. We chop it very fine because we don’t want someone accidentally eating it. Garlic adds flavor to almost 80 percent of dishes but eating the whole garlic clove is disgusting, it taste awful even if cooked with any dish.
Garlic taste awful but it imparts a good taste to every dish and taste really good when deep fried. We usually see fried garlic in fried peanuts, some of us even request more of it.
Garlic is very useful in cuisine preparation. According to Bureau of Plant and Industry, it can also be used for medicinal purposes. Some of these are:
1) Vermifuge – A medication capable of causing the evacuation of parasitic intestinal worms.
2) Diaphoretic, diuretic, and expectorant due to the active constituents of the oil.
3) Bulbs are prescribed for high blood pressure.
4) The bulbs are eaten fresh or burned for coughs of children.
5) A cure for headache, and are used as pain reliever of insect bites, scorpions, centipedes, and the like.
6) The oil, prescribed internally, acts as a stimulant to prevent recurrence of the cold fits of intermittent fevers.
7) The oil is administered with common salt in affections of the nervous system and in headache, flatulence, hysteria, etc.
8) The juice is applied to the nose in the cases of fainting.
9) The juice is considered a popular antiseptic.
10) The freshly expressed juice, diluted with an equal amount of water or with wine, is successful in the treatment of tuberculosis. A fresh bulb is eaten for tuberculosis prevention.