Foods naturally high in protein and moisture are prone to microbial contamination which may lead to food poisoning . This includes eggs, meat, poultry, fish, shellfish and custards. This kind of food need to be handled and stored properly and cooked thoroughly.
Handle food with care. Follow these tips:
1. Never leave these foods at room temperature. Bacteria multiply rapidly in warm conditions.
2. Never store raw meat or chicken on a fridge shelf where it can drip onto other foods.
3. Cook all your foods thoroughly.
4. Wash hand thoroughly before touching any foods.
5. Store foods in fridge at 5 degree Centigrade or colder.
6. Use different chopping boards, knives and utensils for fresh meat, cooked meat , fruits and vegetables. This practice prevents microbial cross contamination.
7. Use shallow container to refrigerate foods. Food in deep container does not cool evenly.
8. Do you have any additional ideas? Add them!