Fruta Planta weight loss product was recalled due to sibutramine content.
- PRock Marketing LLC, of Kissimmee, Fla., is recalling all lots of Fruta Planta and Reduce Weight Fruta Planta. This is a single product marketed under two brand names.
- FDA testing confirmed that Fruta Planta contains sibutramine, a drug withdrawn from the market in December 2010 for safety reasons.
- The FDA has received multiple reports of adverse events associated with the use of Fruta Planta and Reduce Weight Fruta Planta, including several cardiac events and one death.
- Consumers should stop using this product immediately and throw it away in a sealed container where children and animals cannot gain access to it. Consumers who have experienced any negative side effects should consult a health care professional as soon as possible.
Side effects of Sibutramine:
1) It has been associated with increased cardiovascular events and strokes
2) Increase blood pressure and pulse
3) Dry mouth, paradoxically increased appetite, nausea, strange taste in the mouth, upset stomach, constipation, trouble sleeping, dizziness, drowsiness, menstrual cramps, pain, headache, flushing, or joint and muscle pain.
4) Cardiac arrhythmias, paresthesia, mood changes (excitement, restlessness, confusion, depression, rare thoughts of suicide).
5) Seizures, problems urinating, abnormal bruising or bleeding, melena, hematemesis, jaundice, fever and rigors, chest pain, hemiplegia, abnormal vision, dyspnea and edema.
Some content and image are property of FDA.