==change on throat to in throat==
I am always reminding her not to give him any fish during a meal. Any missed fishbone might get stuck in his throat or mouth. A fishbone stuck on throat gives a very uncomfortable feeling to adult. It is more to a toddler. Most removal measures are not applicable to child at a very young age.
The stuck fishbone removal guide.
1) Secure a bright flashlight and asked someone with a good eyesight to look for the lodged bone. Can be done only if the culprit resides in mouth area and not in throat. If found, reach it with a clean finger or cotton bud.
2) Get a rice ball, dry bread or a ripe banana. Bite a large portion and swallow it whole. This is an attempt to sweep the lodged fishbone down. If lucky, the culprit is going to be removed in one to three tries. You might be too full for the fourth try. Not recommended for kids. It might result to choking problem.
3) Force vomiting or coughing. How can one force himself to vomit? Place a clean finger inside mouth and attempt reaching the throat area. The rushing food out of mouth might sweep the lodged bone away. I think coughing has a stronger expelling force. It is not recommended however. Doing so posses a greater risks.
4) A teaspoon vinegar. This softens bones and might be enough to soften and removed lodged fishbone. If the bone is in mouth, take a teaspoon vinegar and try to maintain it on the uncomfortable part. If the bone is in throat, take a teaspoon vinegar and swallow it slowly. If unlucky, taking a second and third teaspoon is discouraged.
5) Tips-and-tricks.net recommended slow drinking of hot olive juice. I never understood how it works though. Try it. It will do no harm.
6) Think as if not victimized with the small thin bone. In most instances, it gives the painful and uncomfortable feeling when swallowing. We tend to swallow air often cause we known there is a fishbone in our throat. Resist the urge and you’ll be surprised, the lodged bone will remove itself in no time.
7) Find someone who was born in breech position. Ask him to rub a little saliva on your throat. I mean on front neck area. This practice has placebo effect on lodged fishbone removal.
8) Consult a doctor, specially if the person involved is very young.