I am personally buying ascorbic acid tablets for the reason most of us have. It is cheap, as low as 5 centavos to 1 peso per tablet. The popular and more expensive counterpart is averagely priced for five pesos. The first is 5 to 10 times cheaper.
Sodium ascorbate is a sodium salt of ascorbic acid or simply mineral ascorbate. The mineral form of ascorbic acid. Has 131 mg sodium per 1,000 mg ascorbic acid. The only form of Vitamin C that could be used intravenously.
Aside from being a nutrient supplement it is also an antioxidant and acidity regulator. It is E301 under European Numbering System.
Sodium ascorbate is more expensive but much better. Here are the couple of reasons.
1) Sodium component lowers the acidity allowing the vitamin to enter the blood stream more slowly when taken orally. Generally recommended for sensitive persons. It may not cause hyperacidity or hurtburn.
2) The best and least expensive of all mineral ascorbates for regular supplementation at relatively high doses, about six grams plus daily.
3) Absorb more easily by the body. More soluble and more reactive in building connective tissues and antibody structures.
4) Help in treating bacterial infections. Ascorbic acid tend to promote bacterial growth by acidity. The sodium pair counteracts acidity.
5) It is the more available form. However, natural and synthetic ascorbic acid have no differences when it comes to availability, other literature stated.
Note: Sodium ascorbate megadosing could generally increase sodium intake. Individuals in low sodium diets are recommended to limit intake to less than 2,500 mg.