A yellow laminated paper is prominently placed just beside the admitting section of hospital. It seems teaching every patient and company the proper hand washing technique. It is good. Hospital is a place where persons of different illness get treated. Washing hand properly is a good way to prevent disease transfer.
How to Hand Rub
Duration of entire procedure: 20-30 seconds
Rub hands for hand hygiene! Wash hands when visibly soiled
1. Apply a palmful of the product in a cupped hand covering all surfaces.
2. Rub hands palm to palm
3. Right palm over left dorsum with interlaced fingers and vice versa
4. Palm to palm with fingers interlaced
5. Backs of fingers to opposing palms with fingers interlocked
6. Rotational rubbing of left thumb clasped in right palm and vice versa
7) Rotational rubbing, backwards and forward with clasped fingers of right hand in left palm and vice versa
8) Once dry, your hands are safe
Procedure courtesy of WHO (World Health Organization)
The term “product” is in question. I am guessing it is any effective commercial hand sanitizer.
The trick is not only applicable in hospitals but inside food processing plants too, in home, on travel or wherever you might be.