Good packaging provides the correct environmental conditions for food right after processing to storage, transport, grocery shelf and to final consumer. Good package therefore perform the following functions:
1) Provide a barrier against dirt and other contaminants thus keeping the product clean.
2) Prevent losses… results of number 1 and 3.
3) Shield against physical and chemical damage such as harmful effects of air, light, insects, and rodents.
4) Provides protection and convenience on handling and transport.
5) Help the customers identify the food and instruct them how to use it correctly.
6) A self marketer. It persuade the consumer to make purchase.