23. Chocolate drink or chocolate-flavored drink generally consists of fluid skim milk or skim milk powder, with or without buttermilk powder, and potable water, to which have been added cocoa powder, sugar, stabilizer such as vegetable gums or other thickening agent, and with or without the addition of flavoring agent such as salt and vanillin.
24. Buttermilk is a fluid product resulting from the manufacture of butter from milk or cream. It contains not less than 8.25% of milk solids-not-fat.
25. Buttermilk Powder (Dried Buttermilk) is the powder obtained by the removal of water only from buttermilk and contains: a) not less than 4.5% butterfat, b) not less than 95% total milk solids, and c) not more than 5.0% moisture.
26. Butter is a fatty product exclusively derived from milk and contains a) not less than 80% of milk fat by weight, b) not more than 2% of milk solids not fat by weight, c) not more than 16% of water by weight, and d) salt, optional.
27. Whey butter is a fatty product derived from whey containing no other fat than milk fat, and contains:a) not less than 80% of milk fat by weight, b) not more than 2% of milk solids not fat by weight, c) not more than 16% of water by weight, and d) salt, optional
28. Lowfat Milk is milk from which sufficient milk fat has been removed to reduce its milk fat content to not less than 0.50% and not more than 2.00%
29. Reconstituted, Reconstructed or Recombined Lowfat Milk is a product which results from the recombining of milk constituents with fluid milk or potable water and which contains not less than
0.50% and not more than 2.00% of milk fat.
30. Yoghurt is a coagulated milk product obtained by lactic acid fermentation through the action of Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilis, from cream, concentrated and unconcentrated milk, partly skimmed milk or skimmed milk, with or without the addition of skimmed milk, concentrated whey, whey powder cream and sugars.
Flavored yoghurt is yoghurt with add flavoring foods or other flavoring substances and with or without added coloring substances.
Yoghurt and Flavored Yoghurt –
Minimum milkfat content: 0.5% by weight, the milkfat content shall be declared on the label.
Minimum milk solids not-fat content: 8.5% by weight
Minimum acidity of the product when sold is 0.7 gram of lactic acid.
31. Toned Milk is milk prepared by the addition of reconstituted skim milk to locally produced milk in order to reduce its fat content to a predetermined standard while maintaining or increasing the contents of solids-not-fat.