1. Cream is the sweet fatty fluid or semi-fluid separated from cow’s milk with or without the addition thereto and intimate admisture therewith of sweet milk and sweet skim milk and contains not less than 18% of butterfat.
2. Light cream, table cream or coffee cream must contain not less than 18% and not more than 30% butterfat.
3. Whipping cream is cream which contains not less than 30% milkfat.
4. Light Whipping Cream must contain not less than 30% butterfat and may contain up to 36% butterfat.
5. Heavy Cream or Heavy Whipping Cream is cream which contains not less than 36% milkfat.
6. Half-and-Half is a product consisting of a mixture of milk and cream which contains not less than 10.5% milkfat.
7. Reconstituted, Reconstructed or Recombined Cream is a product which results from the combination of dry butter of milk fat with cream, milk, skim milk or potable water with or without stabilizer and which complies with milk fat standards of cream.
1. Filled milk is the product made by recombining non-fat skim milk constituents with a mixture of refined coconut oil and corn oil in such manner that the finished product contains not less than 3% total oil
content, not less than 8.5% of non-fat milk solids, not less than 2000 U.S.P. units of Vitamin A and not less than 400 units of Vitamin D per 411 gms. (The addition of Vitamin D is optional).
2. Evaporated Filled Milk. Unsweetened Condensed Filled Milk is the product made by recombining non-fat or skim milk constituents with a mixture of refined coconut oil and corn oil in such manner that it contains not less than 5% total oil content, not less than 20% non-fat milk solids, not less than 2000 units of Vitamin A and not less than 400 units of Vitamin D per 411 gms. (The addition of Vitamin D is optional).
It may contain the following optional ingredients: a) Disodium phosphate or sodium citrate or both or calcium chloride, added in a total quantity of not more than 0.1% by weight of the finished evaporated milk. and b) Linoleic acid in the total quantity of not more than 4.5% of the coconut oil.
It may be homogenized. It is sealed in a container and so processed by heat as to prevent spoilage. It must contain in its label, in addition to other pertinent labelling requirements, the statements “Prepared from Dry Skim Milk and a Mixture of Refined Coconut Oil and Corn Oil” or “Prepared from Non-fat Milk Solids and a Mixture of Refined Coconut Oil and Corn Oil” or other words to that effect, with such conspicuousness and in such terms as to be ready and understood by the ordinary individual under customary conditions of purchase and use.