My dinner yesterday was adobong pusit and rice. It is one of my mom’s regular recipe.
I prefer placing my meal in a bowl rather than on plate. I never use fork at home, only spoon. I am using my left hand to hold the bowl.
Here is how to cook squid adobo:
1/2 kilogram pusit / squid
2 onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tomatoes, sliced
1) Clean pusit by pulling the tentacles. Then discard the teeth, cuttlebone (the sword-like structure) and the innards. Keep the tentacles, head, ink sac and the body . Rinse well with clean water and cut to desired sizes. Set aside.
2) Saute garlic, onion and tomatoes
3) Add the squids and desired amount of water. Mom’s version is always like a swimming pool. The seven of us really like more soup. Her version is like a drought, even if it is rainy days. Peace!
4) Bring to boil until pusit are tender.
5) Add black pepper and soy sauce to taste.
My lunch a while ago was liver steak. Honestly, I never thought it was a liver steak. The steaks I knew are from meat and fish.
Lets get cooking!
1/4 kilogram liver (pig, though I prefer chicken’s )
2 clove garlic, minced
2 onions, sliced crosswise to make onion rings.
2 medium size calamansi
soy sauce and black pepper
1) Deep fry liver until it become firm. Strain and set aside.
2) Saute garlic.
3) Add fried liver and little amount of water. Bring to boil.
4) Add soy sauce and black pepper to taste.
5) Top onion slices. Continue boiling for another minute.
6) Remove from fire and serve.