What do you call “puso ng saging” in English. If you’re a Filipino, 80% chance that your first answer is “banana heart”. Am I wrong? The right horticultural term is banana blossom. Drop a comment if you beg to disagree.
My mother loves to cook ginataang puso ng saging but she loves to cook it as burger patties. Here are the simple steps:
Banana blossoms, preferably saba variety —- 1 cup
Flour —- 1/2 cup
Egg —- 2 pcs
Black pepper —- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Salt —– 1 tsp salt
Garlic —- 1 pcs
Onions —- 1 medium size onion
1. Get your banana blossom.
2. Remove the matured bracts but save all the young banana fingers.
3. Wash thoroughly in running water and rinse well.
4. Chop thinly (young bracts and fingers) and cook with small amount of boiling water until tender. Drain and set aside.
5. Saute onions and garlic. Mix with the cooked banana blossoms together with the rest of ingredients.
6. Fry two spoonful of mixture until golden brown.