Bread roll is like a sandwich – it is a bread with a filling of choice. It is like a cheese dog – it is round, long and with cheese (or any other ingredient) in center. It is like a chicken nugget – rolled in flour, dipped in beaten egg and coated with bread crumbs.
Want a bread roll? You can buy from your favorite vendor or decide to make your own. The idea and procedure are similar to chicken nuggets with few modifications.
1) Get a bread loaf. Choose the best tasting brand cause it will affect the flavor of final product. Flatten each loaf with a rolling pin. Make it as thin as possible. A tall glasss can be used as substitute for rolling pin.
2) Choose your favorite filling. It can be a sandwich spread, fruit, vegetable, hot dog, cheese or combination. I got ham and cheese. Minus one point for the ham. It is bad for my gout. Grrrr!
3) Trim the filling of choice to fit the end of the loaf. Fold the end and roll it – like the shape of a hotdog. Wet the other end with beaten egg and close. Set aside until it sticks firmly.
4) Roll the bread on flour, dip in beaten egg and coat with bread crumbs. Potato chips and other biscuits can be an alternative for bread crumbs.
5) Fry in oil over a low heat until golden brown. Place on a strainer or a clean towel to drain excess oil.
Its good to eat while still hot but I appreciate it more when not.