I am taking oatmeal regularly. Mostly after waking up and before going to to bed. I rarely miss my habit even if it is very irritating to consume warm foods during hot weather. I am bathing with sweat and eating hot oatmeal. It makes me sweat more.
Eating hot oat is like drinking hot coffee. They have the same weakness. Session during peak of the day is not enjoyable. Though many of my friends love coffee during lunch time.
The solution for this product weakness is doing the reverse. Hot drink during cold climate and vice versa. A popular coffee brand has been aggressively promoting its Nescafe Frappe. Coffee, milk, water and ice shake – the resulting drink is like a cold cappuccino.
Application of this idea to oat is simple. Make a cold cooked oats. A very refreshing cold oatmeal during hot summer days. I have three ways of doing this.
A. Boiling and Cooling – I am only doing this when I have many free time.
1) Boil measured amount of oatmeal and water for three minutes.
2) Let stand to cool, about 25°C.
3) Place in refrigerator until cold. Ice cube / tube can be used as an alternative.
B. Hot Water Method
1) Add water to oatmeal, just enough to soak all the oats.
2) Let cool, about 25°C.
3) Add ice tube. I usually skip step two when I am in a hurry.
C. Refrigerator Method – This one has the longest waiting time but the simplest. I often do this method.
1) Mix measured amount of water and oatmeal.
2) Place it in refrigerator for 15 minutes to one hour.