ripe mangoes (carabao or piko variety)
refined white sugar
sterilized glass jars with PVC caps
Waring blender or a coarse sieve
stainless steel knives
stainless steel mixing bowls
1. Weigh, sort ripe mangoes.
2. Wash in clean tap water to remove surface dirt.
3. Soak in 200 ppm chlorinated water for 10 minutes to reduce microbial load.
5. Slice mango into halves. Scoop-out edible flesh.
6. Pass through Waring blender or coarse sieve.
7. Mix the pulp with an equivalent amount of sugar.
8. Heat over low fire, stirring constantly. When almost thick, add 0.3% citric acid based on the weight of the pulp used.
9. Continue heating until temperature is 105°C (221°F) or until the mixture can be spooned out.
10. Fill into sterilized jars. Seal tightly.
11. Air cool. Label and store.
Technology courtesy of DOST Tekno Pangkabuhayan.