These technologies provided by DOST Region 10 include tamarind jam, candy and balls.
Tamarind pulp 226 g (1 cup)
Sugar 226 g (1 cup)
Water 711 ml (3 cups)
Proceed as general directions.
Ripe tamarind 100 pc
1. Peel whole ripe tamarind.
2. Arrange well in a deep enamel basin.
3. Prepare syrup by using one part and one part water.
4. Pour syrup while hot to cover tamarind.
5. Allow tamarind to soak in one day.
6. Drain off syrup and cover with freshly prepared syrup made of two parts sugar and one part water.
7. Soak for two to three days.
8. Continuously change the syrup until the tamarind becomes sweet enough.
9. Carefully arrange sweetened tamarind in racks and dry. 10. Cover screen wire to keep off insects.
11. Finish the drying in an oven or solar drier at low temperature.
12. Wrap individually.
Tamarind 226 g (1 cup)
Sugar 452 g (2 cups)
(boiled and washed) 452 g (2 cups)
Salt 28 g (1/8 cup)
water 474 ml (2 cups)
1. Mix the above ingredients and cook mixture over moderate fire with constant stirring until the mixture becomes very thick and can be shaped into balls.
2. Transfer to sugared board.
3. Form into balls and roll into sugar.
4. Wrap in cellophane.