1 regular retail portion of squash, cut and sliced
2 cups fresh malunggay leaves
2 onions, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
salt to taste
1) Saute garlic and onions in a small amount of cooking oil. I always prefer sauteing over a very low fire until the onions are golden brown. The process is a bit slower, may take 15 minutes, but it allows development of more delicious flavors.
2) Add sliced squash. Fill with enough water to soak the squash slices.
3) Add black pepper and salt to taste.
4) Drop in malunggay leaves when the squash slices are already tender.
5) Allow two more minutes boiling.