shelled peanuts – 1 kg
cooking oil – ½ liter
refined salt – ½ tsp.
garlic powder – ¼ tsp.
1. Soak the peanuts in boiled water for 5-10 minutes.
2. Take out from boiled water and place peanuts in basin with tap water. Remove peanut skin.
3. Sun dry the peanuts for 2 days (at least 12 hours).
4. Deep fry in hot cooking oil,150ºC, for 2-3 minutes.
5. Place in cheesecloth to excess remove oil. Cool and sprinkle with refined salt and garlic powder.
6. Pack in clean jars or .003 PP/PE bags.
7. Seal and store.
Some vendors are selling roasted peanuts. They are emphasizing that their product is not deep-fried in oil, roasted instead. Roasted is the real less grease peanut, no sinful cooking oil added. I have never tried it yet however.
Update as of May 7, 2012. I made a new version of less-grease peanut recipe, the pan roasted peanuts. See it after pressing the link.