Lucban longganisa or sausage is very popular in Quezon province. It has stronger garlic flavor than any other counterpart. If you miss this product badly and don’t have time to travel to Quezon. Problem solved ! You can make your own Lucban longganisa.
Longganisa is the commercial term for Philippine native sausage.
1 kg ground pork, 1/4 lean and 1/4 backfat
1 tbsp granular salt
1 1/2 tbsp herbs such as oregano, lemon grass , pasotes or basil (chopped)
1 1/2 tbsp pimenton
3 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp black pepper
1. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly in a clean basin.
2. Cure the mixture for two hours.
3. Stuff the mixture carefully in pork casing using funnel.
4. Depending on the length of longganisa you prefer, tie both ends with buntal fiber.
5. Air dry the longanisa by hanging it.
6. If you like to sell your langgonisa, pack it in a good packaging material.
7. Store in refrigerator to lengthen its shelf life.