My sweetie, Irmalyn Astrero-Vicedo, cooked this delicious sopas as merienda. Instead of using cabbage, carrots and snap beans, she only used sayote as vegetable .
1/4 kilogram chicken, cooked and shredded
chicken stock from the previously boiled chicken meat
1/2 kilogram pasta, cut to 1 inch
2 pieces sayote, sliced like french fries
1/2 knorr chicken cubes (optional)
1 teaspoon pepper
1 medium sized onion, sliced
1 glove garlic, minced
1 small can evaporated milk
1. Saute onions, garlic and sayote.
2. Add chicken stock, knorr cubes and boil for 5 minutes
3. Drop cut pasta, boil until soft.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Mix evaporated milk and serve.
Best serve with hot monay bread.