1/2 kilogram, blue marlin
1 regular size carrot, chopped finely
2 regular size onion chopped finely
2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
1 teaspoon black pepper, fine
1 teaspoon paprika
2 eggs, medium
5 tablespoon cornstarch or flour
1 teaspoon salt
molo / siomai wrapper
1) Wash fish. Remove all bones, this is easy because this fish only has few bones unlike milkfish.
2) Chop the fish or pass it through meat grinder.
3) Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
4) Place enough mixture in center of molo wrapper. Fold the four corners upward then fold the four protruding edge sidewards. Round the siomai using fingers and the center palm of other hand. Be gentle, siomai wrapper breaks easily.
5) Arrange siomai in a double boiler and steam for 15 minutes.
6) Prepare sauce by mixing vinegar, soy sauce, calamansi, sugar, onions, garlic and black pepper. Adjust amount according to your taste preference.
Note: Other ingredients and extenders of choice may be added.