150 grams Sapporo Long Kow Vermicelli (sotanghon)
2-3 pcs eggs
200 grams raw prawns (peeled and copped, head and tail removed)
350 ml coconut milk
60 grams chives (cut into 2.5 cm length)
2 shallots (finely sliced)
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon patis (fish sauce)
handful of fresh beans sprout
- Soak Sapporo Long Kow Vermicelli (sotanghon) in hot water for five minutes, drain. Set aside. In a saucepan, cook coconut milk, shallots, and chives over a medium heat.
- Add prawns and keep simmering for a couple of minutes until the prawn turns pink. Season with patis (fish sauce), lemon juice and sugar.
- Remove half of sauce from pan and set aside. Meanwhile add sotanghon to the remaining sauce in pan and stir fry for a few minutes until the sotanghon are cooked and well mixed with the sauce.
- Transfer the sotanghon into serving plate and top with the remaining sauce and serve with bean sprouts.
- Oil the pan with a thick coat of oil. Put the beaten egg to make a thin omelet. Once cooked, removed from the pan and roll into a thin cylinder and cut across into thin strips. This dish can be greatly enhanced by topping it with shredded omelet.
The recipe was sourced form Sapporo Products brochure. Text or call +639215543299 for more information.