1/2 kilograms raw papaya, sliced
1 medium tilapia
2 onions, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
patis to taste (fish sauce)
1) Saute onions, ginger and garlic over a very low fire until tender or golden brown. This will prevent scorching and will allow better flavor development.
2) Add raw papaya slices and water to soak up the papaya.
3) Bring to slow boil until the papaya slices are tender. Do not overcooked.
4) Mix patis (fish sauce) to taste.
5) Carefully place the tilapia in middle and continue boiling for five minutes.