KALABASA LECHE FLAN
For every cup of mashed kalabasa.
1 cup condensed milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
2 heaping teaspoon brown sugar to be caramelized
1. Peel the kalabasa and boil for 20 minutes. Mash thoroughly using a fork.
2. Combine the mashed mixture, milk, egg and vanilla.
4. Caramelize the brown sugar and line the pan mold.
5. Pour the mixture into the lined pan mold and cover with aluminum foil or plastic.
6. Steam in hot water (double boiler) for 25 minutes or until done.
1. Cream the butter until light and fluffy.
2. Add the sugar gradually while stirring.
3. Add eggs one by one, constantly stirring after adding each egg.
4. Add the condensed milk.
5. Add the dessicated coconut, squash, vanilla, and mix well.
6. Put in muffin molds lined with paper or aluminum foil.
7. Cook in oven at 350 oC for half an hour.
KALCOSUMAN (Squash Suman)
1. Soak overnight: rice and malagkit and grind on the following day.
2. Soak the ground rice and malagkit in coconut milk until soft.
3. Add the sugar and squash.
4. Cook over low fire, constantly stirring until thick. Cool.
5. Prepare the leaves for wrapping by heating over low fire. Brush the leaves with butter.
6. Put two tablespoonful of the mixture in every wrap, put latik on top of each before closing.
7. Tie with string and cook for half an hour in a double boiler container.
technologies provided by region10.dost.gov.ph