This simple technology for processing of pickled eucheuma seaweeds was provided by Department of Agriculture.
Follow these procedures:
1. Soak eucheuma in fresh water overnight.
2. Drain and cut into desired length.
3. Blanch in lukewarm water for 5 minutes. Let it cool.
4. Boil the pickling solution for 5 minutes. Let it cool.
5. Mix all ingredients in a bowl except the pickling solution.
6. Pack in sterilized bottles
7. Pour the solution into filled bottles then seal completely.
Quality Control Notes:
Measure the following physico-chemical properties and and adjust accordingly to your set standard. This properties should be uniform every batch.
a. sugar content
c. titrable acidity