1 regular retail portion of squash, cut and sliced
1 regular retail bundle of camote tops, matured stalks removed
2 onions, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
salt to taste
1) Saute garlic and onions in a small amount of cooking oil. I always prefer sauteing over a very low fire until the onions are golden brown. The process is a bit slower, may take 15 minutes, but it allows development of more delicious flavors.
2) Add sliced squash. Fill with enough water to soak the squash slices.
3) Add black pepper and salt to taste.
4) Drop in camote tops when the squash slices are already tender.
5) Allow two more minutes boiling.