I reviewed all the pictures I’d taken during the exhibit. I was a bit surprised to discover that there were a total of local 28 wine products exhibited. Some are very popular products, some are known while are others were completely new to my senses.
1) Abiu ?
2) Adlai, yet another product from adlai grain.
3) Arius, the fruit looks like an a violet and small version of cashew.
5) Basi, from sugar cane
6) Bignay, bugnay
10) Coconut, wine from coconut is different from lambanog.
11) Duhat, lomboy, both refer to black plum.
12) Guyabano, the anti-cancer fruit goes alcoholic.
15) Oregano, a wine from herbal leaf.
16) Mango, green mango
18) Paratungon, a centerpiece of MIMAROPA booth.
I remember a sad story of my good friend. He was marketing his very own made wine. However, most wine seller were saying, “We never carry local wines”. If we could change our “like-imported” attitude, it would help a lot in uplifting our local wine industry.