Here are the list of products offering free taste during the recently concluded BAR exhibit. Tasting them all was exciting.
1) Arius Wine from the plant Podocarpus costalis, locally known as arius. The fruit is like a small version of cashew with a different color make. Free taste to serious customers and curious visitors. It was exhibited by Batanes State University.
2) Wine. Another wine free taste from UPLB booth. I think it was more developed than above.
3) The three bagoong guisado variants; the sweet, regular and spicy (?). Get three mango slices and dip each in bagoong on saucers. The patis on the side could be tasted via another mango slice. From BFAR Central.
4) The hopia malitbuganon from DA-RFU 8. This extra wide hopia is as wide as regular rice serving tray. Ask the booth personnel how it taste and she will let you get a small piece, then hide it after. Let’s not blame her, many exhibit goers are just looking freebies.
5) I was wondering why there are offering free pineapple slices. Maybe, pineapples are not created equal. Their pineapple fruits taste better than others.
6) Sweet sorghum porridge. Too bad for me, they ran out of stock.
7) Yet another bagoong guisado, Alavar Brand, from BFAR 9.
8) This one only lasted for about 15 minutes. A buko salad imitation using seaweed strips. You’ll never know its seaweeds until it touches your tongue.
9) Pickled mango and dried mango strips from Pangasinan Tropical.
10) Lechon and sausage from BT Black Pig. The Bureau of Animal Industry did bring the two black pigs inside their booth.
11) The healthier version of cane sugar, the muscovado.